Do you have debit / credit card facilities?
Yes, we offer card facilities to non-account customers.
Do you accept cheque payment?
No, we do not accept cheque payment.
Do you offer account facilities and what are your terms of credit?
Yes, we do offer account facilities. Our standard terms of credit are 30 days of invoice.
Do you keep stock of all the products in your ranges?
Domoney Brothers aims to maintain high levels of stock across the safety footwear, protective and corporate clothing and health and safety product categories for the frequently sold product items, sizes and colours.
Domoney Brothers offers hundreds of thousands of product items when considering the various colour and size options, it is therefore impossible to stock every option.
Do you offer delivery, and do you charge for delivery?
Yes, we conduct free deliveries by means of the businesses own transportation services within and surrounding the three city centres the business operates.
In addition, we make use of reputable third-party service providers for the provision of transportation services to customers throughout South Africa and neighbouring countries, courier costs outside of our three operating areas is for the customers cost.
How long after ordering will the goods be delivered?
If the product is ex. stock delivery is usually within 24 to 48 hours of order confirmation within the three areas we operate. Other areas are subject to third-party transportation provider schedules, typically an additional 24 to 48 hours.
Non-stock or out-of-stock items vary depending on the supplier’s stock availability and geographic location but can typically be received by Domoney Brothers within 24 to 48 hours.
Does safety footwear have a shelf life or expiry date?
Yes, most safety footwear has a two-year shelf life, whereby the shoes must be worn before the stated expiry date. If the footwear is not worn within this period, a process called hydrolysis is likely to occur (see explanation below).
How do I know the expiry date of the footwear I purchase?
Every pair of footwear has the expiry date stamped on the box that the footwear is supplied in.
What is hydrolysis?
Hydrolysis is a double decomposition action with water as one of the ingredients which is accelerated by the existence of moisture, temperature, darkness and time.
Hydrolysis takes place when water bonds with carbon atoms and the esters in polyurethane (what the soles of footwear are made of). Which cause the polyurethane to breakdown over time.
To prevent hydrolysis, the following is recommended:
- Customers should always check the manufacture date of footwear when purchasing or receiving the footwear. The date of manufacture is displayed on the sole of the footwear.
- Wearer should properly aerate the footwear after use.
- Do not wear polyurethane footwear where gumboots would be more suitable, i.e.: continuous wet conditions.
How long should my safety footwear last?
In general safety footwear manufacturers state that the average lifespan of safety footwear is a year, depending on the work environment, personal wear and tear and footwear care. Footwear that is subject to wet conditions will deteriorate quicker. To prolong the lifespan of safety footwear it is advised to regularly care for the footwear by applying suitable polish or wax daily.
Why are footwear prices so different from the bottom of the price range to the top of the price range?
The price of footwear depends on several factors:
- Whether the footwear is locally manufactured or imported from foreign countries.
- The type and quality of the materials used to manufacture the footwear, i.e.: genuine leather is more expensive and better quality than synthetic leather or canvas, also you get various quality grades of genuine leather.
- The quality of the footwears sole, i.e.: whether the sole is single or dual density.
- Whether the footwear has been manufactured according to applicable quality and safety standards, the South African standard for safety footwear is SANS 20345:2011.
What is the difference between a boot and a shoe?
A boot offers extra protection for your ankles and is generally warmer for your feet.
What is the purpose of a steel toecap?
A steel toe cap protects your toes from heavy falling or rolling objects.
What is the purpose of a steel midsole?
A steel midsole provides protection from perforation or the penetration of sharp or hot objects through the outsole.
Do you get safety footwear designed for specific applications or industries?
Yes, there is safety footwear designed for specific applications or industries:
- Welding footwear.
- Warm environment footwear with heat resistant soles.
- Wet environment footwear.
- Cold environment footwear (cold storage industry).
- Anti-slip footwear.
- Electrical environment with static electricity protection.
- Working with oils and acids.
- Construction and agriculture environment which requires torsion control for uneven terrain
- Manufacturing environment footwear designed to provide extra comfort for workers who spend long periods of time on their feet.
Protective and Corporate Clothing
What is the difference between 100% cotton and polyester / cotton blend garments?
100% cotton is primarily used for welding because if a spark falls on it then the fabric will not melt into the wearers skin, however the fabric will disintegrate. It must be noted that 100% cotton fabric is not flame proof, in order to achieve this 100% cotton garments are treated with a special formula and classified as a flame-retardant garment.
What is the difference between the various blends of cotton and polyester garments?
The greater the proportion of polyester used the weaker the quality of the garment as the cotton is the better and stronger part of the combination. Common polyester / cotton blends are 50 / 50, 65 / 35, 80 / 20 and 90 / 10.